- Download the SyncBac Pro Manual
Introduction to SyncBac PRO
Thank you for choosing Timecode Systems' SyncBac PRO as your embedded timecode solution for GoPro™ HERO4™ Silver and Black.
In this user guide, you will find everything you need to know about using your SyncBac PRO.
SyncBac PRO for Synchronisation
SyncBac PRO is a highly accurate timecode generator and multichannel digital timecode transceiver. It can be used:
- With other SyncBac PROs for multi camera synchronisation.
- With Timecode Systems :pulse mini-base stations, as a complete 'on-set' solution for synchronising GoPro HERO4™ cameras with other professional cameras and audio recorders.
Tip: If you use SyncBac PRO with a :pulse, you have free access to BLINK Hub app, which provides remote control and remote monitoring of your SyncBac PRO and HERO4™. For more details, see Did you know that you can monitor and control your SyncBac PRO and HERO4™ remotely, via a tablet or desktop PC or Mac? All you need is a Timecode Systems :pulse in your BLINK network and the free BLINK Hub application. .
Your Timecode Revolution Starts Here...
SyncBac PRO Display and Controls
To learn about the various status displays, including the 'Main' screen shown above, see Main Screen.
The LED to the right of the OLED display acts as a colour-coded status indicator.
If you are unfamiliar with master and slave devices, you can learn more in the following sections:
- SyncBac PRO has two different Timecode modes: RF Slave and GP Master TX. These modes define how your SyncBac PRO's clock is synchronised with other devices, and so it is important that you choose the appropriate setting.
- Clock Synchronisation - Master and Slaves
Use the Up and Down buttons to scroll through the menus and menu options, and also to scroll through the status displays.
Use the Select button to choose a menu or option. You will also use Select to switch your SyncBac PRO on and off.
To make a selection, use the Up and Down buttons to scroll to a menu or option and then press the Select button once.
To switch your SyncBac PRO on or off, press and hold the Select button (see To switch your SyncBac PRO on:, for more details).
SyncBac PRO Ports
Your SyncBac PRO has a variety of ports for connecting with other devices and chargers.
- Charging the SyncBac PRO (and HERO4™ when attached). The port is 5v power IN.
- Connecting the SyncBac PRO to a PC or Mac for downloading firmware updates.
Charging your SyncBac PRO
The low battery power is also indicated on the battery icon in the bottom-right of the main screen, next to the channel number. The amount of white in the inner of the battery icon represents the amount of charge left in the battery. In the image below, the inner of the battery icon is black, which means there is no charge in the battery.
It is also shown on the battery status screen (see Main Screen).
To recharge the battery, you will need the mini USB cable that is supplied with your SyncBac PRO and a mini USB compatible charger socket (not supplied). The mini USB cable connects to the SyncBac PRO via the mini USB port on the left-hand edge (see Ports).
Note: You do not have to disconnect your SyncBac PRO from the HERO4™ when charging.
SyncBac PRO Specification
*Typical range. The range can vary.